Know how to configure Firewall for QuickBooks Point of Sale
The firewall is an electrical device or safety software and specially designed to deter unapproved entree or connectivity systems based on a fixed standard. Whether the firewall is on the workstation or on the server, this QuickBook Point of Sale can block the connection among the company’s data & workstation. Whenever connectivity is blocked, the maximum time period of sale automatically configures the QuickBooks firewall for you. Nevertheless, sometimes the user needs to manually configure. If you want to manually configure the firewall application, then you need to review the relevant divisions of the manual provided with the firewall program.
Blocking the QuickBooks Point of Sale will stop some processes:
- Intuit Entitlement Service- Item license & user validation.
- Database Server Manager- It has the capability to add and record transactions/changes in the company data file (server connection only).
- Electronic Funds Transfer: Processing of Intuit Merchant Services Credit Card.
Know how you can configure manually Windows Firewall for QB POS
You have to make sure some essential points specified below-
- You are allowed to the Windows Administrator rights for performing.
- Now you need to make sure that you have already added the firewall ports & executable data files which needed in QB point of sale when you are using the third party protection system.
- Also, you need to contact the third-party developer of the security program.
This time to perform the steps for configuring manually:
- First of all, you need to open the control panel.
- After that, you have to select the windows firewall.
- Also, you need to select the Advanced settings & tap on the Inbound option.
- Then, you have to click or tap on the New Rule.
- Select the correct port & tap on the Next button.
- Write the port number & tap on the Next option. (You may also, check the section of POS firewall ports).
- Tap on the “Allow Connection” & tap Next option.
- Also, you have to enter the firewall rule name.
- At last, you need to tap on the finish option.
If you have any query related to the manual configuration of QB firewall. For example- what you need to do? Along with multiple options like block, permit, grant, deny, or something comparable options. That time, you need to select the Allow, permit, and grant the action. All functions in the point of sale program are not automatically enabled by allowing one operation for one file. Many distinct files take action that can be seen as an attempt to correlate to a firewall Internet connection. There should be a separate allowance of approval for a specific action.
Hopefully, this post will be quite relevant & effective for you to learn about the firewall configuration. If you need to get more information about QuickBooks POS firewall configuration, then do not hesitate to make a connection with the Intuit accredited team. The assistance team is very humble to give you better information. Also, they listen very carefully to the customers.
In this article, you will know how to configure the Firewall for QuickBooks Point of Sale. which steps to you need to apply to manually configure the firewall in the point of sale. If you get any problem while performing the steps, then here you will know how you can contact the support executives.