Effect of Radon Gas on Pets
Surely one is concerned about the well being of his family as we know that Radon Gas effects health in a drastic way. But do you know how it effects the health of your little friends i.e. pets. According to EPA Radon Gas alone is responsible for 20 thousand plus deaths each year as it is the main source of lung cancer in non-smokers.
According to the EPA, radon is a radioactive element that is found across the country so they recommends that either when selling or buying a house you should probably have them tested because as it is said before well being and health of yourself and your family is utmost important and also that of your pets. EPA also recommends that don’t wait until something bad has happened or you heard about some drastic experience from your closed ones that their dog has died due to radon gas etc. Always make sure to test your house if you are buying a new one or if you are being living in a house for some years then do make sure to take professionals help for testing because this will not only save your life but also of your closed ones living with you.
We talk about the safety of your pets here because as you know that pets mostly spend time in the basements mostly cats and when you and your children are out then your pets are in your house and they remain there for like whole day and above this they have smaller lungs as compared to humans so by knowing all these factors we came to a conclusion that our pets are more prone to getting effected than us.
As we know that Radon gas is colorless, odorless, tasteless so we can’t possibly realize its effects on our pets until they get sick or showing signs of cancer related symptoms i.e. loss of appetite, fever, coughing, difficulty in breathing etc. These symptoms will come when it’ll be too late to do anything for saving them i.e. last stage of cancer but if diagnosed earlier like human’s treatment is possible which is done by oncologist. If these symptoms of radon poisoning in pets have appeared and your Radon toxicity level is above 4.0 pCi/L, then you have to make drastic efforts in controlling this but if it is below 4.0 pCi/L then rest assured that every thing is under control and you don’t have to worry about the well being of your family members and your pets.